SEO is a mixed bag of things you should and shouldn’t do. Improve your SEO campaign by finding out what you should be doing while avoiding potential red flags.
Do you know how to improve your SEO strategy? If not, don’t worry. We’re here to help! SEO is a complex field, and many things can be done incorrectly.
When it comes to search engine optimization, there are things you should do and things you should avoid doing. You’ll have to make sure you do only the essential things to make the most of your SEO Adelaide strategies and start ranking high on the SERPs.
If you’re not an SEO expert, knowing what is right and wrong can be a pickle. That’s why we have compiled this list of dos and don’ts for search engine optimization. In the following article, we’ll discuss both what you should be doing as well as what should be avoided to rank high on SERPs.
- Getting on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook). Social media marketing is a must if you want to expand your reach outside the confines of search engines.
- Blogging and creating high-quality content that’s relevant to your business.
- Making sure your website is mobile responsive. Google’s is prioritizing sites that are optimized for mobile view.
- SEO keyword research and using the proper keywords throughout your content.
- Linking other relevant, high-quality sites back to your website.
- Making sure your meta description accurately describes and represents your page content. It doesn’t drive SEO, but it does attract potential visitors.
- Adding keywords to your page headings and headers. A keyword-rich content has to have your keywords all over the place. Just make sure you don’t resort to “keyword stuffing.”
- Use Schema markup for SEO. That way, Google can provide more informative results for your users.
- Improving your site speed. Keep in mind that online users’ attention span is less than three seconds. So make sure your site speed is up to par with the current standards.
- Creating high-quality content for your website. Always remember, “Content is King.”
- Paying attention to SEO trends and data. SEO is always changing, so make sure you pay close attention whenever it makes its regular shifts.
- Using keywords in your content that are relevant for the search term being searched.
- Buying links to rank higher in Google or other search engines. This is only going to get you penalized by the search engine!
- Keyword stuffing and excessive use of keywords. Remember, you want to use keywords in the proper context and not just overuse them for SEO purposes.
- Using too many ads on your website. It doesn’t affect your SEO directly, but it will annoy your site visitors.
- Using too many anchor text links, especially ones with the same keyword.
- Not having a mobile-friendly site design or if your website only works on desktop mode (i.e., it’s not responsive).
- Writing content spun out from other blogs and articles without adding any value to them (this is known as scraping). This will get you penalized by Google, so make sure you attribute the source correctly when quoting someone else’s article in yours.
- Ignoring negative reviews. Always try fixing reverting a negative review by responding to it right away.
- Panicking once your SEO rankings start to dip a bit.
- Making significant changes to your SEO Adelaide strategy without consulting an expert.
This article will be an excellent guide for SEO beginners and experts who want a refresher course about what’s important in this industry. When it comes to doing SEO, the key is to always do the right thing.